The Board of Fire Commissioners is accepting applications to the position of firefighter/paramedic with the Manteno Community Fire Protection District.
Starting Salary: $55,125.00 (plus health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, vacation, sick, and personal time, and pension plan)
Sworn Fire Service Personnel: 25 full-time firefighters
All Applicants Must Meet the Following Minimum Requirements established by the Manteno Community Fire Protection District:
- At least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age, unless previously a full-time Firefighter in Illinois as noted under state statute (65 IL 5/10-2.1-6.3) by the time of the written examination (October 9, 2021);
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S.;
- Possess a valid State-issued driver’s license;
- Have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Possess a valid Paramedic License (EMT-P) issued by the Illinois Department of Public Health – (IDPH) (at time of application);
- Certification by the State Fire Marshall’s office as a Firefighter II (Basic) (at time of application);
- Provide a valid CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test Card) with Ladder Climb (at time of hire with an issue date within 12 months of hire date);
- Be able to speak, read, and write the English language fluently;
- Have correctable vision and have ability to distinguish colors;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
- Application deadline: Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 4:00 PM (CST);
- Mandatory on-line written examination: Saturday, October 9, 2021 available between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (CST).
To apply for this position or obtain additional information,
please visit the following website: http://www.applytoserve.com
The Manteno Community Fire Protection District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.